Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's a simple choice

Life
Every fleeting second of our lives we are being born and are dying.  Each moment is a time in itself.  It is stated that in the blink of an eye there is 64 moments in time.  The blink of an eye brings 64 births and 64 deaths of yourself.  This is a concept I ran across while trying to disprove the idea of someone's self.  That is a concept for another post.  I know this is a silly concept, some dude who sat around meditating blinked his eye and said holy crap, I was just born 64 times and I died 64 times.  But before you call me some hippie stoner, hear me out.
I get depressed rather often and usually for no good reason.  Out of nowhere I'm sitting in my underwear, playing video games, drinking a gallon of mountain dew, and drowning in my own self pity.  I spent many years towards the end of high school trying to understand the point of my life and why am I so horrible that I can't feel good about myself.  Each day I just fed the fire for no reason.  I think around my first year back to college I made the realization of my lifetime........
Happiness is a choice.  It's as simple as a choice.  The choice between fear and love.  Once I realized this I felt like a dummy, how could it be this simple.  It's not simple to live as pure happiness but the choice was easy to make, I can attest to that.  So here it is 4 years later.  I've kept my choice and I'm happy to say, I now get happy for no reason at all.
Over the years my choice of love hasn't always been the choice I made, it slipped when a girl broke my heart or life didn't turn out right.  I have totally fallen off the wagon a few times and I slipped right back into my super depressed self who wants nothing to do with the outside world except have the world pitty me.  But those moments have become fewer and farther between.
This brings me back to my first subject.  I am making the choice 64 times in the blink of an eye to be happy.  What is stopping anyone else from making the choice?



Don't worry the next post will have my vulgar dick joke normal self.

No comments:

Post a Comment